- I have a Bachelor of Science in Microbiology from Colorado State University.
- I did a 12 month internship at San Jose Medical Center and successfully passed the registry exam as a Medical Technologist. I worked in hospital labs for 30 + years. I was an assistant supervisor in the Chemistry department at General Rose Memorial Hospital in Denver, Colorado.
- I moved to Idaho in 1977 from Colorado.
- I worked at St. Alphonsus Medical Center for 11 years.
- I attended the Art Center College of Design for 6 semesters and returned to Boise to start my commercial photography business.
- I am the owner of King Photography Studio and photograph everything from diamonds to locomotives.
- I served on the board of the Vista Neighborhood Association and became the President.
- I also served on the board of the Boise Neighborhood Housing.
- I have served in most of the offices that Soroptimist International of Boise has and am a past president. Soroptimist is an international organization that works to better the lives of women and girls in our communities and through out the world. I served on the Rocky Mountain Region board as a District Director for Soroptimist International of the Americas.